Friday, July 3, 2009

Troubles with Technology

Well, it's been a bit of a difficult 24 hours here at Heretic Opera. The computer keeps on crashing and freezing - upwards of 10 times now, I believe - and so my tasks for today and yesterday have been shelved in favor of simply trying to get my "other brain" up and running again. It's funny how, even in a traditional performing arts company, a huge percentage of the work is done with a computer. We are completely dependent on these fragile pieces of plastic, silicon, and copper. I'd bemoan the loss of my autonomy from Microsoft and Google, but the truth is I turned in my Luddite badge the minute I realized that how emerging media could change the way people interact with the arts, and help to make some of the things I love relevant again. So, march on, inevitable progress of technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment